4/07/2010

Good Versus Bad

I am having a somewhat iffy week. Here's the rundown (I'm sure you're on the edge of your seats for this one!):

Good
1. I made a knitting mistake last night but have finally at least gained the wisdom to know better than to try to fix such errors myself. Stopped right where I was, brought the piece in to work, and two coworkers later had a mistake-free piece of knitting. I love having friends at work who knit!

2. Sadie had her first school playdate this week and I just had an e-mail about another one. Looks like my appearance at Wednesday's field trip has, indeed, convinced the other parents that Sadie has a mother. For real.

I feel like I should have more good things than this, but I guess it has been that kind of week.

Bad
1. Ran over a drywall screw and needed a new tire. Well, actually, the whole boring story of it is that I went out to the parking lot Tuesday to head to the gym for a swim only to find a flat. Called roadside services (free) and they put my donut on. Unfortunately, I had to replace the
%#%$#%@ tire to the tune of $250. It's hard not to cry over money so stupidly wasted.

2. It's worth noting that this is the second nail/screw I've picked up in as many months. It's also worth noting that eight other people at work have suffered similar fates. Coincidence?

3. When I got in the car for today's lunchtime swim, the stupid "your damn tire is leaking" light came on (again), so I may, in fact, have a third nail/screw. I'm throwing up my hands in defeat.

4. I did something to my shin. I think it's shin splints but am a teeny bit worried it's actually a stress fracture (I have this weird thing where I have an extra bone in each foot, so a stress fracture isn't as far-fetched as it might sound. Extra bones tend to throw things off. Thanks, dad!). It's my right shin, and it has been bugging me on and off for a few weeks. And by "bugging me," I mean that it hurts bad enough that I question whether I should run on it. Which means that it really hurts. I've cut back my mileage and had a really good four-miler over the weekend, but I went for a two-mile run on Monday, and the dreaded shin pain was back. Even worse, it hurts when I SWIM, which I don't think is a good sign. This probably means I've abandoned my plans to run the Lakefront 10 because I don't have the time to train through an injury possibly making said injury worse when marathon training starts just a month or so after Lakefront. Sigh.

No comments: