6/15/2011

GNO

The husband was away on his first ever (and hopefully last for a while!) business trip last weekend. And while I initially found the prospect of solo parenting (yes, I know I'm spoiled) somewhat daunting, the girls and I really had a blast. Which is pretty remarkable in retrospect because I also (stupidly) said I could work last weekend and ended up logging six hours on a pretty big job. I can multitask with the best of them!

We kicked off our first solo evening with a trip to the craft store to pick up supplies for Father's Day gifts, then headed to grab a pizza. We watched How to Eat Fried Worms (which ended up being too scratched to watch in its entirety--thanks, Netflix!) and ate pizza on the floor in the living room (and is it not a testament to the fact that we have the weirdest dog EVER that he didn't even TRY to sneak some food?) followed by cupcakes and popcorn. What can I say? I know how to throw a good party.

The girls slept in a tent in Ella's room on Saturday night (and Sunday night and Monday night and Tuesday night). Sunday evening we headed out on the town for hot dogs and Green River, with a stop at Red Mango for dessert. Another overnight in the tent followed, only this time I let them bring my precious laptop into the tent so they could watch a movie.

All in all, a good weekend. But attempting to do everything by myself on Monday (feed/walk the dog in the morning, get the kids fed and dressed, make myself lunch, work a full day, then return home to make dinner, feed/walk the dog in the evening) had me pretty glad when the husband returned home safely Monday evening. :)





No comments: