December 19, 2007:
Wake up, already running late before I even get out of bed. I've just closed myself in the bathroom to take a shower when I hear someone knocking at the door. Ella has to go potty. Which means (for reasons unbeknownst to me) that Sadie also needs to come into the bathroom. Take quickest shower of my life. It takes Ella the entire time I'm in the shower to go potty and wash her hands. In the meantime, Sadie keeps opening the shower curtain. Water shoots out of the shower and onto the bathroom floor. Dean comes in and carries Sadie off. She cries.
Clothing crisis: Ella has no skirts clean and also no clean tights. Ergo, she has nothing to wear (nevermind the seven dresses and ten pairs of pants in her drawers). I rush to get dressed, compounding Ella's clothing crisis by choosing to wear a skirt and tights. The entire time I'm getting dressed, Sadie follows me around crying.
Finally convince Ella that a dress and leggings is ALMOST the same thing as what I am wearing.
Leave the house ten minutes late.
Luckily, there is no traffic. I'm 15 minutes early for work, so I stop at Walmart to find red tights for Ella's Christmas recital. I score--find red tights and gloves for Sadie. Leave Walmart, head to Starbucks.
Finally arrive at work. I'm 20 minutes late.
World's largest, most annoying book closing today. Or, you know, supposed to close. Highlight of my day is realizing the index is 20 pages too long. Sweet.
Leave work, stop at Walgreens. Get caught in massive traffic jam. Am five minutes late to relieve the nanny. May need to go back to work tonight. Also supposed to freelance tonight.
Can you blame me for coming home and turing on the TV for the girls?
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment