The time change broke our alarm clock. And by "alarm clock," I mean Sadie. The time change broke Sadie. If you want to know the truth of the matter, we have not set an alarm clock since Sadie was born. It's a fool-proof system (more or less). Sadie is almost always up by 6:00--sometimes even WELL before 6:00. And if she's not up by 6:00, then Ella is. Sure, there are those rare days where both girls sleep until 6:30, making me late for work, but those days are few enough and far enough between that I haven't bothered to set the alarm clock as backup.
Yesterday morning, though, I realized that the time change broke my human alarm clock. In fact, were it not for Ella getting up to pee at 6:30, the whole family might have slept to an unbelieveably late hour. And honestly, that would be worth being late to work. It's like Halley's Comet. It happens so rarely that you just have to go with it.
This morning, both of my little alarm clocks failed me. Instead, I was awoken by our neighbor's obnoxious dog, Gunther.
Interestingly enough, the little human that has been ruining my sleep since 2006 does NOT appreciate having the tables turned on her. She has cried pathetically both mornings that we've had to wake her up. I find this particularly interesting when I think about the hell this child put me through between the months of September 2006 and December 2006.
So, will we go back to setting our alarm clock? Nah. I figure the girls will be back to waking up at 5:00 before we are late for work too many more times. And it's infinitely more pleasing to be woken to the sounds of "MMMMMMM! MMMMMMMM! MMMMMMM!" (Ella) or "MOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMY! MOMMMMMMMMMMY! Can I get up?" (Sadie) than it is to awake to the sounds of NPR.
Or is it?
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment