3/31/2009

You'll Always Be My Baby

Sadie turned three on Saturday, and in the whirlwind of having just arrived back from vacation and then trying to get ready for her birthday party, I never managed to officially commemorate her third birthday. So this one's for you, kid! My dearest little Sadie, who was born of laughter and who definitely makes the world a brighter place. I'm sorry to say that as much as you hate it, you will always be my baby just by virtue of the fact that you were born last. Which is also why I call you by nicknames all the time, prompting you to scream, "Why can't you ever remember my real name?!" Believe me, I know you hate the nicknames, but I can't help myself. Sometimes you're so cute that simply calling you Sadie just won't do.

Sadie: The Stats
# of pounds by which Sadie is lighter than Ella was at this age: 8 (best guess, I'll have to verify)
# of months she has been potty-trained: Two+ (a full year ahead of her sister)
Favorite nickname (mine, not hers): Sader, Sader, Denominator
Favorite pasttime: dress up
Favorite person: Ella
Favorite object: blankie
# of visits to the ER: 1 (when she fell off the bed and needed staples)
# of calls to poison control on her behalf: 1
# of times she has fallen off the bed: At least 6
# of times I've had to call the pediatrician about falls off the bed: 3
# of hours of missed sleep she has caused me: 7,456
Favorite animal: Dog
Animal she is most afraid of: Dog
# of months she has been speaking in sentences: 39
# of minutes she has gone without talking in the past
year: 0
Most likely to: Pick up that knife you've left on the kitchen counter and reinforce why baby-proofing was invented
Guaranteed to: Make you smile


My little Monkey Pants through the years:

newborn









One












two









three


No comments: