Lately, Ella has been calling Sadie "Sissy Sue." Or sometimes just "Sissy" for short. I've always gotten a secret kick out of how my girls refer to each other by "sister" rather than by each other's first names. For example, they'll say to me, "Where is my sister?" rather than asking "Where is Ella?" The word "sister" is used liberally around our house, and I do sort of like it because it seems to underline their relationship constantly. They're not just Ella and Sadie. They are SISTERS. A unit, for better or for worse (and usually for worse because as Ella will tell you, Sadie is really very annoying. And as Sadie will tell you, Ella is really very mean. And as I will tell you, they both make a good case.) And now that has apparently morphed into Sissy Sue.
A few times recently, I have found myself calling Sadie "Sissy," which is something of a shame when you consider that Sadie is such a cute name. So Sadie: When you are 24 and wondering why everyone in the family calls you "Sissy Sue," you can blame it on Ella!
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment