1/06/2011

2010 Redux

My friend Holli put together a pretty funny recap of what 2010 was like with three boys, so I figured I'd follow suit and hope that H realizes that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (is that how that quote goes)? The major difference I am seeing between a house full of boys versus a house full of girls is the discrepancy in emergency room visits: her 3 versus our 0. Of course, now I just jinxed us for 2011.

Incidentally, I had a "by the numbers" feature in a book I recently edited: Vitally Useless Information. It's a fun book. You should buy it.

And with no further ado, here is our 2010 "by the numbers" (can you stand the excitement?):

  • Bad habits (pacifier) ditched: 1 (I had totally forgotten about this, which just goes to show that whatever parenting issue is plaguing you at a given moment, it will one day be a funny memory)
  • Bad habits going strong (thumb): 1
  • Flat tires: 3
  • Tires replaced: 3 (and not necessarily the same three tires)
  • Car crashes: 1 (don't worry; I got that one in just under the wire!)
  • Time spent waiting at various car places: 12 hours
  • Time spent commuting back/forth to work (collective): 936 hours (my math could be off here)
  • Droid phones received for Christmas: 1
  • Polly Pocket pieces lost: 1,504
  • Races run: 3 (Run for the Roses 5K, Chicago Marathon, Hot Chocolate 15K)
  • Toenails blackened: 2 (so, so proud!)
  • Articles in the paper about us: 2 (up from a previous high of 0!)
  • New pets: 2 (but only one stuck)
  • Fish killed: 12
  • Elbows dislocated: 1
  • Vacations: 3
  • Camping trips evacuated: 1
  • Major job changes made: 1
  • Pounds gained by Sadie: 0
  • Teeth lost by Ella:
  • Library books lost: 3
  • Library books found: 2
  • Earthquakes: 1
  • Time spent crying: 1,560 minutes
  • Time spent laughing: 3,120 minutes
  • Time spent with my favorite people on Earth: 525,948.766 minutes

2 comments:

Holli said...

Great list! As for mine, I'd like to blame it on having boys, but two of our three emergency room visits were for ME--maybe having boys is just hazardous to one's health? Here's to a much healthier and happier 2011!

Lucky1304 said...

Duh. I had forgotten that. Don't worry. Our sole ER visit for 2009 was for me.