I feel like I should take the time to think of a clever name for this blog post, but I just don't have it in me, possibly because I got up at 5:15 to run with my BRFs and my coffee hasn't really kicked in yet. Or maybe there just isn't enough coffee in the world to remedy the toll these last two weeks have taken. Probably that last bit.
Yesterday I got an e-mail from an acquaintance on Facebook telling me it sounded like I had lost my job, and he was sorry to hear it. In truth, I am still gainfully employed, but there was a big round of layoffs last Thursday and another round on Tuesday. I came in to work yesterday (my first day in the office this week because of the holiday and my part-time status) to a coworker camped out waiting to hear what I knew since he figured I was "in the loop." Right. Because the part-time people totally have their fingers on the pulse of what is going on around here. That's how I found out that more people were layed off on Tuesday, though I suppose it's slightly better than hearing on Facebook, which is how some of my colleagues heard the news. Ah, the times we live in.
I don't tend to handle stress well, which I'm sure comes as a huge shock to anyone who reads this blog. So although the layoffs are *supposedly* over (for now?), I feel pretty unsettled in general. Added to this hot mess is the five YO's emotional drama over the beginning of kindergarten. I think we've started every morning of the past two weeks off with tears (sometimes bordering on hysteria), and I've yet to drop her off at school without a complete breakdown (hers, not mine) occurring. Her teacher tells me it will get better, and I'm sure it (probably) will. But I find myself caught off guard after both a very successful first week and a big sister who has so much confidence when it comes to all things social and school that I've never experienced this level of angst before.
So it has been, to say the least, an exhausting two weeks. On the plus side, I've had a couple of really fantastic runs in recent days--the weather has been ideal. And I think we may have settled on our costumes for our Halloween-themed half-marathon. Super Mom, anyone?
liam's college graduation!
5 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment