I got my Thanksgiving Day off to a great start by participating in my first ever race: an 8K Turkey Trot. Now, my typical run is about three miles, so I knew I could do three miles. But I don't think I'ver ever done five miles in my life. Until today, that is! I finished the race and feel great (despite a rather inconvenient UTI, which is sort of bringing me down). If you are thinking of running in your first race, I'd recommend *not* doing it with a UTI.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Here are the things I am thankful for:
1. My two beautiful, smart, healthy girls.
2. My husband, for whom parenting is very much a joint venture. I couldn't do this with anyone who felt any other way about that! He's also a wonderful father, which is something I really wanted for my children--before I even had them.
3. Our parents, without whom raising two kids would be even more challenging than it already is. I feel very lucky to have such ready and willing babysitters. Plus, there's something very special about people who love and appreciate your kids as much as you do (heck, I think the grandparents might appreciate them MORE than we do sometimes).
4. My wonderful FIL who watches my fiesty little things once a week and does an impressive job. Not only that, but it's a one-hour drive each way, so we feel pretty lucky that he is willing to go to that kind of effort for us.
5. Our new nanny Kate, whom the girls adore.
6. COFFEE!! (Who am I kidding? This is actually #1!)
7. Sleep (when I can get it, which is too rare).
I hope that on this holiday you have as much to be thankful for as I do.
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment