It's pretty safe to say that we're a book-loving family, what with my job as an editor and Dean's job as a librarian. Fortunately, the girls love books too (if they didn't, I'd be seriously concerned that they had been switched at birth!). So you can imagine how excited Ella was to get her very own library card last week.
To get a library card, you have to be able to write your first and last name. Ella passed the test and received her very first library card with relatively little fanfare (we showed up at library closing time, so it was a pretty rushed endeavor). She was beaming from ear to ear and keeps asking me when three weeks will be up so she can go and check out more books (you can only check out five books your first time, and that wasn't nearly enough books for Miss Ella). I'm thrilled that she likes the library as much as I do and think this is an incredibly cool milestone. First a library card, next stop: Driver's license! (Really, only 11 short years....)
I also found out that the library summer game is open to kids as young as three! I loved the library summer game as a child, and I'm super excited that both girls can take part this year (even if the theme is incredibly tired--Land of Lincoln, ugh!).
Sadie, being the younger sister, was seriously bummed that she didn't also get a library card. Sometimes being the littlest is no fun at all!

To get a library card, you have to be able to write your first and last name. Ella passed the test and received her very first library card with relatively little fanfare (we showed up at library closing time, so it was a pretty rushed endeavor). She was beaming from ear to ear and keeps asking me when three weeks will be up so she can go and check out more books (you can only check out five books your first time, and that wasn't nearly enough books for Miss Ella). I'm thrilled that she likes the library as much as I do and think this is an incredibly cool milestone. First a library card, next stop: Driver's license! (Really, only 11 short years....)
I also found out that the library summer game is open to kids as young as three! I loved the library summer game as a child, and I'm super excited that both girls can take part this year (even if the theme is incredibly tired--Land of Lincoln, ugh!).
Sadie, being the younger sister, was seriously bummed that she didn't also get a library card. Sometimes being the littlest is no fun at all!






1 comment:
I am so glad you mentioned this! I bought Austin a cute new wallet a few weeks ago (and have saved it to give to him later), and having his own library card to go inside would be SO exciting to him! Can't believe I haven't thought to do that sooner. Miss Ella looks so sweet and proud!!
Post a Comment