5/26/2009

Moving Right Along

It has been slow around here--and for good reason. We listed our condo early last week. And for the weeks leading up to finally listing it, we were painting and sanding and cleaning and repairing. And when I say "we," I'm mostly referring to Dean. So now it is official, with listings on Red Fin and Zillow and REALTOR.com and just about every other place you might imagine. I'd post a link to the listing, but then you'd know where we live. And well, if you are reading this blog and don't already know where we live, it's probably best that you not have our address. (But if you know someone who wants to buy a condo, feel free to drop me a line!) And now...we wait. I have a feeling it's going to be a long summer. What with the cleaning. And the cleaning. And the...cleaning.

In the meantime, the girls are excited about the possibility of a new home--one with STAIRS. Ah yes, stairs. Every child's dream. They've had a lot of questions about this moving business. For example:

Ella: "How are we going to get our house to the market? Are we going to carry
it?"

And Sadie: "What are we bringing with us to the new house? Will we get to
bring our beds? Our toys?"

We've been very careful to explain that it might be months and months before we sell this house and move into a new one. Which led to a funny conversation with Ella last weekend:

Ella: LA (our real estate agent) called and someone wants to see the
house!

Mommy: That's exciting. But remember--lots of people might look at our house
before someone decides to buy it.

Ella: Yeah, I hear the market SUCKS right now.

(Indeed, Ella. Indeed.)

Below: The girls post with our very official looking sign.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: