5/11/2009

The Toughest Job You'll Ever Love

Yes, I know this is a tagline from an Army commercial. But I think it applies to motherhood as well. Life at our house has been insane these past two weeks. Insane. And I have a huge deadline approaching at work, which means that my life everywhere is basically insane right now.

So in honor of Mother's Day, I'll leave you with this quote, posted by a high school friend of mine on Facebook with the promise to (hopefully) post more soon.

"Motherhood brings as much joy as ever, but it still brings boredom, exhaustion, and sorrow too. Nothing else ever will make you as happy or as sad, as proud or as tired, for nothing is quite as hard as helping a person develop her own individuality especially while you struggle to keep your own."
--Marguerite Kelly and Elia Parsons

No comments: