7/20/2010

4 Down, 12 to Go

I skipped this post over the weekend, but since I strive for consistency (ha!), I figured I'd go ahead and post it now. Up this week: 3, 3, 5, and 10. I'm still exhausted from last weekend's nine-miler, so ten should be interesting. Here's hoping somewhat cooler temps and somewhat lower humidity make the experience more pleasant. Otherwise, there's a long road ahead.

In other news, my attempts to use the marathon as a fundraising platform for ADOPT (which weren't going so well if $0 raised is any indication) have inspired a whole bunch of people at ADOPT, apparently. They'd like to raise funds for concrete dog runs and are really excited about the idea of "running for dog runs." I've been corresponding with a volunteer there, and they are "exciting!" (typo, I think, but sort of funny) about using Moe as the spokesdog! They're putting marketing teams, etc., behind my effort, and it sounds like I'll be writing a newspaper article in the upcoming weeks about Moe, ADOPT, etc. Stay tuned for more information on this exciting marathon development!

No comments: