12/09/2010

The Force Is Strong with These Two

Overheard:

(Ella to Sadie): "How can you HATE Star Wars when you LOVE yoga?"

Yeah, it took me a few minutes to get that one too. Maybe these two are long overdue for some Star Wars viewings. But I am willing to bet that like their mother, they are really not going to see what all the fuss is about.  I am willing to bet it will be a life-changing, life-defining moment for all of us. Probably even for Moe. Because if snow comes as a shock to him (I'm pretty sure he'd never seen it before, hailing from Kentucky as he does), Star Wars is going to BLOW HIS MIND.

Also, for the record, I love both yoga AND Yoda.

As an aside, my good friend Tom once told me I was not old enough to date any of his friends because I didn't see Star Wars in the theater (I never clarified this point, but he must have been referring to the first one?). It turned out to be a hard edict to enforce, as I married Dean, who is not only a childhood friend of Tom's but is also OLDER than Tom. Now if that didn't blow your mind, I don't know what will.

No comments: