11/25/2010

I Am Thankful for...

Tonight we went around our Thanksgiving table and talked about what we were thankful for. The general consensus was family, though Sadie is thankful for her stuffed animals, which makes me happy we have so many of them (I guess). Here are a few of the things I'm thankful for:

  • My beautiful girls, who make every day an adventure
  • My awesome husband
  • Our family, including my mom and my super in-laws, who are always willing to lend a helping hand with the girls, and my dad, who is willing to join me at the starting line of countless races and even run a few miles with me, despite his seven-minute-per-mile pace
  • Moe, who has completed our family in a way I never imagined a dog could; I'm also grateful for the allergies and such that played a role in our dog search taking such a very long time because I truly believe that all those delays are what led us to Moe in the first place
  • The fact that a Turkey Trot three years ago was the beginning of what has been a fun and fulfilling affair with running--and the fact that I successfully trained for and completed my first marathon this year
  • Our house, which I love despite its flaws
  • A career I love, which goes hand in hand with the flexibility to try working from home for a while
  • All of you

No comments: