12/03/2008

But What About for Barack Obama?

Tonight, the girls were getting all crafty as they made Christmas gifts (can't say what--it's a secret) for various family members. I let them choose what they wanted to make for whom, and it was going fairly well (although the girls kept wanting to make stuff for Dean and me and also for each other, which wasn't really the plan).

We had pretty much wrapped up the crafting session when Sadie said, "But wait! What about for Barack Obama?" That's right--my two-year-old wants to make a Christmas gift for Barack. You have to admit that's pretty damn cute.

Some skeptics might try to say that I've brainwashed this little one into being such a devout Obama fan. In the early days, that may have been true (though "brainwash" would be a pretty strong term since it's not like I talked about Obama all that much even during the election. If you've ever met my girls, you realize there is a pretty serious limit on the amount of talking I'm allowed to do in this house, which might be why I've resorted to blogging. Somebody! Anybody! Please listen to ME!!!). But I have not mentioned Obama for DAYS. Maybe even a few weeks. Yet Sadie continues to ensure that our next president is at the forefront of everything we do in this house.

What can I say but oh-my-god-a-roo?

No comments: