I am a serial killer. In the past three weeks, I've killed a total of six fish. And then last night, my beloved Frogalina died. I was all prepared to blog about the addition of Frogalina to our happy home, but she croaked (sorry--bad joke) before I could tell my faithful readers all about the wonders of the dwarf frog. The body count is as follows:
--three goldfish (Dopey Bubbles, Spot, and Luna) died of ick
--tetra neon (Rainbow) died from an unfortunate encounter with the filter
--albino barb (I'll be damned if I can recall what we named her!!) died with no obvious cause
--tetra (Nemo) died of fright (from being chased and harassed by a tiger barb that we've since returned (it's a long story that I'm sure you're not interested in)
--aquatic dwarf frog (Frogalina) died of unknown causes
I've kept children--two of them--alive for five years but can't seem to handle fish. And I'd have thought children would be the more complicated ones to take care of!
But what can you do but move forward? Dean finished the aquarium stand he'd been working on for several weeks (I was going to post pictures, but I need to take some better ones and might be too devastated over the death of Frogalina to invest more time and love in the new fish), and we've put up the 10-gallon tank we bought at a garage sale. It is currently home to two zebra danios (named Zebra and Zebra) and a platty (named Nemo). Once it has completely cycled (don't even get me started on this process), we'll add more fish to the mix. The six-gallon tank, which once housed goldfish (and is apparently WAY too small for goldfish; you live and you learn), is now home to four neon tetras, who are all named Rainbow. I hope to get a new frog, but we'll wait until that tank has cycled--so maybe after Christmas.
In the meantime, if anymore fish die on us, I may be ready to throw in the towel. This aquarium business is for the birds! It's only fun until your fish start dropping like flies.
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment