12/16/2008

The New Math

Since when do 3 + 3 + 3 + 7 = 20? They don't. Which means that for yet another week, I've fallen short of my mileage goal. If I were really smart, I'd plan to run five miles a week. Then it would be a huge victory to report that I actually ran 17 miles. Instead, I planned for 20/21 miles last week and ended up with 16 miles, which basically means that I skipped a run. Of course I have excuses. Our furnace broke Friday night, and we had a party planned for Saturday afternoon. Something had to give, and it turned out to be my four-mile run. Such is life. But it's just one more reason why someone (not me, of course, but this "friend" I have) certainly cannot handle the rigors of marathon training. Sigh.

Should I even bother to predict my running this week? Lately it's like trying to predict when spring will come. But some people never learn, so....

Monday: 3 miles (already completed)
Tuesday: rest (I have a mysteriously sore, swollen ankle)
Wednesday: 3 miles
Thursday: I'd like to be optimistic and say I'll get 3 miles in here, but it's not likely
Friday: 3/4 miles
Saturday: 8 miles
Sunday: 3 miles
Total: 20/21

Feel free to laugh and shake your head. You know you want to.

No comments: