1/11/2010

Almost there!

I really can't believe it. I'm *this* close to finishing Sadie's blanket. Actually, Sadie deemed it finished last night, but I didn't feel done yet. The pattern calls for the blanket to be 32 inches long. I'm about six inches short of that. But when considering what it will be used for (snuggling versus covering), I decided that its current size might be perfect. If (and this is a huge if) Sadie is willing to abandon yellow blankie for the one I am currently knitting (for that express purpose), it would really be best to have a smaller blanket, lest it be dragged all over the dirty garage floor, dunked in the toliet, lodged in wagon wheels, and otherwise loved to death. Poor yellow is on its last legs--with another strip just waiting to either strangle my kid in her sleep or be torn the rest of the way off (we should probably just cut the dangling piece off, but I'm terrified to further add to the unraveling process that is currently running rampant in poor Yellow). Sadie seems very excited about her new blankie, but as a former (possibly current--I'm not saying for sure) blankie lover, I know firsthand that it's not that easy to switch one's allegiance.

Here's hoping my first big knitting project finds some love somewhere in my house! Tonight I'll finish the remaining seven border rows (or else do one final purl row and then begin the remaining eight knit border rows) and then bind off. Here's hoping I can finish up without starting new skeins of yarn (doubtful but potentially possible--a more experienced knittter would probably be better at guessing this kind of thing).

No comments: