1/25/2010

Lost (and Found)

Sadie has been a bit of a pill lately. I don't know where my easy baby went, but all of a sudden what I get more often than not is whining and tantrums. I hope it's just a phase. I mean, it's gotta be a phase, right?! Anyhow, Sunday morning Sadie was throwing a fit about wanting a purse like the one Ella had. I hadn't had my coffee yet, so my instinct was to make her wait until I was suitably caffeinated. However, I can't tolerate whining very well uncaffeinated, so I went upstairs and retrieved an old purse from the attic. As I was poking through the pockets, I discovered a favorite necklace, which I thought I had lost in the move. I was just looking for it last week and had determined it was nowhere to be found. It's very odd that the necklace was in the purse because the necklace was at my in-laws with me during our temporary summer stay and the purse was in storage with the rest of our belongings. But somehow.... Needless to say, if Sadie hadn't been whining about needing a purse, I'd never, ever have found the necklace.

Then, we were in the car yesterday driving home from Home Depot, and I mentioned to Dean that I had lost my Y card. This was an annoyance because we recently tranferred our membership and I had gone several weeks without a new card. And every time I go to the Y by my work, they then insist on looking me up in the computer--like they don't actually see me two or three times a week (and for the last three years running, but whatevs). I never go to the Y by our house, so it took me a while to get over there and have a new card made. I had it for all of two weeks before I lost it. So I'm telling Dean about how I lost the card, and Ella pipes up from the backseat: "No, you didn't. You didn't lose it." My first thought was, how the heck would she know whether or not I lost it? And then it dawned on me: It was on the floor in the backseat--in a spot where Ella could easily see it but where I could not (because I'd already checked the car twice). In fact, Ella had been staring at my Y card all week but just hadn't mentioned it to me.

If I ever read my horoscope (I hardly ever do), this weekend's would have said: You will soon recover lost items.

No comments: