I don't usually buy books these days. See, the library has this super cool thing where you can put books on hold via the Internet. And then, mere DAYS later, the books magically show up at the library. Sometimes they come so fast that I get all of the books I requested in the same day. So my new philosophy is why buy the book when you can get it for FREE? For instance, J. D. Robb's new book was released on February 23. I knew it was coming out, so I put it on hold months ago. Got my copy on February 25. Saved a cool $26.95.
That said, I'm excited to read this book and will definitely be purchasing a copy when it's released. Because there are some books you just have to own a copy of so you can revisit them again and again until the cover gets dog-eared and the spine is cracked and settled.
What does it mean to "run like a mother"? If you're a mother who runs, you already know what it means. It means squeezing in your runs anytime, anywhere because your need to run comes second to things like grocery shopping and gymnastics competitions. It means that Saturday's five-miler (okay, it actually only ended up being a four-miler) comes at the end of the day (a day where we spent two hours at Flying High in the morning and two hours at Flying High in the afternoon; see separate post) when you send your family home in the car and then run home. Running like a mother means being creative about when and where you run and it means scheduling cut-back weeks and long runs around birthday parties and doctor's appointments. I've been following the blogs of two of this book's contributors for years now. When your regular day to day feels like a marathon (I did more between the hours of 5 and 8 on Friday morning than a sane person has a right to), it's hard to find the energy and motivation to run. And yet, I know running is part of what keeps me sane. If only we could go back to the days when "Mother's Little Helper" was handed out like candy.... Until then, I've got to run.
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment