1. Donuts. Seriously, is there a better way to start a Sunday?
2. A solo trip to Trader Joe's. Later, I tried to figure out why I loathe Jewel with the passion of a thousand fiery suns but will happily while away hours at Trader Joe's.
3. The girls went to church with my indispensable in-laws while Dean and I went to Menards. I'll cop to it: I love Menards. The possibility of a thousand home-improvement projects is tantalizing. (I don't feel the same way about Home Depot for whatever reason.) We got pavers for a backyard project.
4. We got back from Menards ahead of the girls' return from church, so I lazed in my new hammock (a Mother's Day gift) in the bright sunshine. Pure perfection. After unloading 700 pounds of pavers and gravel, Dean joined me.
5. The four of us had lunch on a blanket in the backyard.
6. Dean went to sign the girls up for AYSO. The girls played in the sandbox. I lazed in the hammock and read a book. Every once in a while, one or both of the girls would join me for a snuggle. Does life get any better than that?
7. The girls decided they had to watch TV (and yes, I did try to talk them into staying outside in the beautiful sunshine, but they insisted), so I had 30 minutes ALONE in the hammock with my book. When Dean got home from AYSO, he joined me in the hammock for a few minutes. We talked. No one interrupted us. Bliss.
8. The four of us went for a bike ride in the woods. Came across a park, stopped so the girls could play. On the ride home, Ella and I saw three does. Stopped at 7-Eleven for slurpies before returning home.
9. I wanted a run. Really, really wanted a run. So I went for a run--even though I felt bad about abandoning Dean with the dinner prep duties (he didn't mind). It was a good run, and my ankle felt great. Yeah!
10. We BBQed dinner (shish-ka-bobs for us, hot dog ka-bobs for the girls), then we had a bonfire and roasted marshmallows.
Needless to say, the girls fell asleep pretty quickly last night, and Dean and I even got to enjoy some alone time by the fire outside. Like I said, an absolutely glorious day from start to finish!
See, I have relatively simple needs. Take a dozen donuts (gotta have the donuts!) add copious amounts of warm sunshine, laughter, family time, 30 minutes for a run, and time alone with my best friend, and I'm a happy girl.





No comments:
Post a Comment