11/16/2010

Home Sweet Home

So this week marks the second week of my new PT/PT working arrangement. I'm still getting a feel for things, and Sadie is still getting a feel for things. Nothing much has changed for Ella except that now I bring her to  school and pick her up one extra day. She is at school during my Tuesday and Friday WAH hours. I am not good with change, so the whole thing has been a little unsettling. But here are some highlights of the past week or so:

  • Being in the office only three days a week is really wonderful. For a long time now, I've thought I'd prefer to work from home 40 hours a week, but I really enjoy getting into the office three days a week. The work I do there is more interesting than the work I currently do from home, plus I love my job there and my coworkers.
  • My new commute SUCKS. If driving to Morton Grove was at my threshold for daily commute, driving to Lincolnwood definitely exceeds my threshold. Fortunately, it's only three days a week.
  • I'm only working one night this week, and that is definitely rad, though I am worried about having enough hours to approximate my previous salary.
  • Figuring out a routine on my at-home days has been confusing. Do I shower in the morning when my plan has been (though it has never yet worked out as such) to run as soon as the husband gets home? The answer for today was no, and I look rather disheveled. 
  • I am enjoying being off at 3 on Tuesdays because it means we can, for instance, visit the library midweek. Since I'm not working tonight, it also means I can run (guilt-free) once Dean gets home from work since the girls will have had me all afternoon. This could be a nice benefit when it's time to start marathon training again.
  • Even though we have a really nice dedicated office on the main floor, we ended up buying a cute little desk for the bedroom. It throws off my FIL's schedule when I try to work in the main office since Sadie seems less inclined to cooperate with him when I'm right under her nose. I think this will be nice for the weeknights I work as well, plus it will make a cute sofa table should we not need it anymore in a year or two.
That's all I've got for right now.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: