I'm a sucker for tradition, so I insist on our yearly visit to the pumpkin patch--even if it has to wait until the day before Halloween. And don't even TRY to suggest that we give a new place a chance. We got to Bengstons every year, and I'll continue to force the entire family to go there long past the point where the kids are completely bored with the place!
I thought going the day before Halloween would be a mistake, but it was surprisingly empty that Saturday, and we had a really great time doing all of our favorite things: the petting zoo, the rides, the pig races, our annual photo with the measuring stick, the hay ride, the pumpkin patch. This year we bought our pumpkins at Jewel--a break in tradition that I did not feel particularly comfortable with but one that was necessary if we were to have a chance to actually carve pumpkins before Halloween. For that first time ever, we actually made it into the corn maze, and I had a very scary moment when the girls took off, and I realized we had lost them. Luckily, we managed to retrieve them again before long.
Here are some photos from the patch. Enjoy!
 |
| The girls pose with Homer Simpson |
 |
| The rides |
 |
| See how they've grown! |
 |
| And they're off! |
 |
| The three of us on the hay ride |
 |
| Oops--the little boy in the pumpkin on the left does NOT belong to us! |
 |
| $49.99 seemed steep, but we finally ponied up to take these cute little girls home. |
No comments:
Post a Comment