7/28/2011

Here Is the Thing

I've done my time. My sleepless nights walking the floor with wailing babies. Nine months (NINE months!) of no more than two hours of sleep at a time because I was nursing Sadie four times a night. And then another nine months of waking at 4:00 a.m. to nurse Sadie because she had decided that was when morning was. I've done the "up all night" with kids who have had nightmares thing and the "up all night" with sick kids thing. As time has passed and the kids have settled into sleep patterns, I've even done the most ironic of all: the "up all night" because I can't sleep now that everyone else is finally sleeping thing.

So maybe you can understand why I am NOT willing to be up all night with a dog who is afraid of thunderstorms. Just the threat of a thunderstorm gives me an anxiety attack lately. And, of course, we've had more than our fair share lately. We basically didn't sleep at all last week. And I slept on the couch last night, which basically means I'm on two hours of sleep. AND I have to work tonight.

It would probably be best if people did not cross me today.

No comments: