7/08/2007

Yes, Michigan!

Vacation, day 1

Fabulous first day of vacation. Two trips to the beach already. Everyone took a nap, which is always quite lovely. I actually do feel quite relaxed, which is somewhat of a feat with two kids under four!

Grandma and Grandpa showed up today to spend a couple days and a night with us. It's nice to have a few more hands on deck!

It's a little windy down at the beach today. Big waves! Lots of fun. Ella was a little unsure at first. She's my cautious kid. Sadie, on the other hand, dove right in with gusto. On our afternoon trip, Ella warmed up to the water a bit. By the time we were ready to come home for dinner, Ella was wading and jumping and splashing. Of course, when I told Ella it was time to go home, she was crestfallen. She thought by "home," I meant our real house. Once she confirmed that we were going back to the vacation house, she was a happy camper. She likes being on vacation. So do I.

Great first day. Perfection.

No pictures yet. Our laptop doesn't accept the camera card thingie.

Cheers!

1 comment:

LAURIE IN OH said...

Good to hear, Nat. Vacation is good for the body and soul. :)

Have a wonderful time! I look forward to pictures. Hugs to all of you.