7/02/2007

Well, It Finally Happened....


Our little daredevil took a major tumble at the park yesterday. As it happens, Dean and I were in the middle of a conversation about how physically sure of herself Sadie is. She climbs so much better than Ella did at this age. I was noting that Dean gives her a much wider berth than we gave Ella at this age. I think we followed Ella around the playground at a distance of about a foot until she was 2. Dean was saying that he trusts Sadie more than he trusted Ella at this age.

So, we're talking, and Sadie is playing on the bouncy bridge. Dean is standing right there watching her. And then Ella calls for help because she got stuck climbing down from something. We both turn to look at Ella, and the next thing we know, Sadie has fallen off the bridge and has bounced off the play surface. She fell a good four feet. Luckily, we were at a new park with the fancy soft padding (rather than the wood chips, which frankly don't seem all that cushiony to me). Sadie cried pretty hard for a few minutes. But before she had even stopped crying, she was wiggling out of my arms to go back up the steps to the bridge. This child is going to give me a heart attack one of these days.

Before this disaster occurred, we were having a reasonably safe (if busy) Sunday. I slept in while Dean took the girls to the store. And I woke up to find Sadie dressed like this:

Dean says she found it in some clothes I'd pulled from the basement and insisted on putting it on. She did seem very pleased with herself. Reportedly, she did not attract ANY attention at the store dressed like this. Which.... I find impossible to believe. People love Sadie, and I can't believe no one at all commented on how cute she looks in this. What's wrong with people? Must have been a sleepy crowd....

After making a few quick lunches, we headed to the zoo. And it's true what they say: Membership does have its privileges. We made off with another free T-shirt (that makes two now) and a tote bag. Throw in the 12 (!!) parking passes we got (it was supposed to be 4 only), and we really made out like bandits. Even if I did lose 3 parking passes somehow....

The zoo is always a blast--even if it is impossible to get decent pictures.


A Note About the 4th of July:
It is NOT cool to blast off fireworks at 2 in the morning. What is wrong with people?

Finally, In Closing:
Please send all the prayers and positive thoughts you can spare to my grandma, who broke her hip last week.

1 comment:

LAURIE IN OH said...

Sadie, quit trying to give your parents gray hair!

It's amazing how little ones bounce, isn't it? I'm glad that little daredevil is OK.

Ella, I love your hairsytle. Very cool Dora socks, too. You are such a pretty little thing!

xoxoxoxo
Laurie, your friend in Ohio