After a messy incident at McDonald's (I'll spare you the details!), I decided that enough was enough. The "experts" recommend letting the child take the lead when it comes to potty training. But then, they've never met Ella. And since she willingly pooped on the potty for Nicole on Thursday, I figured it was time to move forward. So when she asked for a pull-up on Saturday (as she is wont to do when she needs to poop, I just told her that we poop in the potty now.
And that, my friends, is the story of how we got Ella to finally poop on the potty. We're going on two days in a row! Fingers crossed for continued success in this arena.
Meanwhile, Sadie was hanging out naked before bathtime last night. She sat down on the baby potty seat, peed, then walked away before Dean even realized what had happened. Yes, folks, you heard that right--our 17-month-0ld just peed on the potty for the first time!!
Of course, her big sister pooped on the potty for the first time around this same age, and you know how that story ended.... Let's just say I'm not tossing the diapers just yet. But.... I've gotten a glimpse of the future: a future without diapers.
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





1 comment:
That's funny! Max did an almost identical thing the other day ... except he didn't know to tuck his equipment down, and peed all over the floor!
Post a Comment