So, now that Ella is pooping on the potty like a pro and sleeping in undies at naptime, we've reached our final hurdle: the middle of the night.
Most mornings, she wakes up dry. She is very into checking in the morning to see whether or not she stayed dry. A week or so ago, I told Ella that if she ever needed to go potty in the middle of the night, she could just get up and go. Or else call one of us to help her. I figured it would be the latter because I just could NOT imagine Ella getting up in the middle of the night and wandering around the house by herself. In any case, I put a nightlight in the bathroom just in case and figured we were still months away from nighttime trained.
This morning, Ella woke up dry. Dean was telling Ella that if she wakes up dry, she should use the potty first thing because she probably really has to go by then (except not since this child has the bladder of a camel).
Anyhow, Ella says, "Oh, I went in the middle of the night. Didn't you hear me?"
Actually, no. I did NOT hear her. And that sort of freaks me out. Three-year-old wandering around in the dark in the middle of the night.... Not that she'd really get "into" stuff at that time of night (that's more Sadie's domain!). But still--the idea of her being awake while I'm dead asleep is unnerving.
I didn't tell her that though (of course!). I'm pretty impressed with her independence. When I asked her whether it was too dark (since I knew the nightlight had not been left on), she just said: "No. I just turned the nightlight on."
When did she get so grown up?
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment