Tonight, Ella was watching Sponge Bob. I know, VERY educational. Plus, I just plain hate that show. Yesterday, Ella asked me why Sponge Bob has no hair. I think the bigger questions here are why a sponge: A) talks at all, b) wears tighty-whiteys, c) was made into a cartoon character in the first place.
So anyway, the opening credits come on. The title of the episode is something "pants." Ella says, "Cool! This one is about plants."
In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that there WERE pictures of palm trees on the credits page.
So the question is: Did she actually READ "Pants" (or misread, as the case actually is), or did she see the trees and think "plants"?
It's worth noting that a few weekends ago, she surprised me by actually attempting to sound out a word (Sadie's name). I didn't realize she had that concept in her cute little head.
Also worth noting: Dean read at three.
Could she be? Or are these just the ramblings of a delusional mother? Take the poll at right to cast your vote.
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





2 comments:
I voted. Ella's a smarty-pants!
Natalie, you could read at 4. I remember you doing it at someone's birthday party and it was a new book. If Ella's reading it's no wonder being that both her parents were genius toddlers.
Don't sell yourself short and please stop with the guilt. You have no reason to feel guilty and little ones, especially smart ones, pick up on that and manipulate you. Ask Ella if instead of volunteering, the two of you could go out for icecream or something she likes. Your guilt will fly out the window, when you see her face light. Chances are she just wants you to do something just for her and only her to assure herself that she's still the center of your universe. As a first born, she is and Sadie is, as the baby. The, who do Mom and Dad love best questions, plagues kids forever.
Staying at home with your kids seems easier when you're in a hurry and stressed, but there's all different kinds of stress Being bored, watching Sleeping Beauty three times in one day, or playing your 1000th game of Candyland is not only stressfull but, you can literally watch your brain melt away. If full time seems like too much think about part time, if you can. Remember as hard as it is now, they'll be in school before you can bat an eye.
Well, I do go on and on but after 23 years of child rearing 4 kids, I see a lot of issues we have as mothers, never change. In my day, I'd hear I was a bad mom for working and then I'd hear I was a bad mom for not working. I would love to go back and slap some of those people.
Loved your blog and pictures. I'll be checking back. Lighten up on yourself. I have absolutely no doubt you're a great mom and you will raise independent, strong, children with a love of learning.
Love,
Aunty Jan
Post a Comment