Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor ice (and yes--we had ALL of those) could keep me from leaving the house last night to vote in the primaries. It has been a long time since a presidential race has been this dynamic and exciting. A vote for Obama is a vote for change!! (But really, we can't lose as long as we can get a Dem in the White House.)
So who do I see at the polling place? Our next-door neighbor. She was working as an election judge. A *Republican* election judge. This is our neighbor who displays the creepy store mannequins in her front picture window. I'm on the fence about whether or not this seems like a Republican thing to do.
For all you know, you might have one living next door to you too (a Republican, not a mannequin). Some of them may have even voted for Bush TWICE! Oh, the horror!
[Editor's note: I have some very good friends--and even some family members--who vote Republican. This is really intended to be a joke. Mostly.]
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment