2/22/2010

Addictions Update

After a somewhat rocky week, Sadie seems to have turned a corner on the no pacifier thing and hasn't asked for it in recent days.

As for Ella, she may well have tried to give up thumb sucking, but she's been found sucking her thumb in her sleep on several occassions, and I saw her doing it while watching TV the other day too. So.... All in all, though, I'd say she's really cut down on the thumb sucking. And honestly, I care a lot less about the thumb sucking than I did about the pacifier because it never gets lost, she doesn't do it in public, and she doesn't walk around with it in her mouth all day (like Sadie did with the pacifier).

I gotta say: I'm loving pacifier-free life. I've just go to remember to finally, finally throw away all the pacifiers that the "Noodle Fairy" took from the girls. Plus, there is still some concern that Sadie will stumble upon a lost one at some point (she has a tendency to squirrel things away in bags and backpacks--she'd make a great bag lady). At which point, all might be lost.

No comments: