Well, it looks like me and my $135 are running Chicago this fall! To give you an idea of how crazy runners can be about races: There is a forum at Runner's World dedicated to the Chicago Marathon, and the posters there have figured out how to determine how many people are registered for Chicago (the race closes at 45,000). It was at 10,000 or something yesterday (second day of open registration). And to give you an idea of how crazy *I* am, I was driving home yesterday afternoon secretly worried that 35,000 people would sign up before I could get home and register. I figured that was a pretty good clue that I wanted in--despite the ten reasons I listed yesterday for why I really don't have time to do this.
I'm excited. Of course, training doesn't start until June--which is the problem with having to register in February for a race that doesn't happen until October. I'm ready to start training now--not five months from now.
Actually, Lakefront is up next (April 24), so it's not as if I don't have anything to do. And I'm not going to make the mistake I made last year--signing up for an early summer half-marathon, which basically meant that between Lakefront training and half training, I was training for races beginning in January. Marathon training was supposed to start the Monday afer the half--poor planning on my part because by then I was scheduled out.
Until June, then....
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment