I hope the above sentiment (borrowed from the RLAM Web site) is true, because this seems to be the governing principle behind several things percolating in my life right now. The one on my mind this morning is marathon training. MARATHON training. It started this week. Want to guess how many miles I've run so far? That's right: Zero. It's only Tuesday, and my plan only calls for four days of running, but I still feel like I'm off to a bad start. Was going to run yesterday after work, but a lousy commute plus a wicked bad headache plus a late dinner had me postponing the run to this morning at 5 A.M. My super sucky insomnia (ever present the past month) had me up until midnight (I went to bed at 10), then Sadie woke me at 2 and at 3 and.... You get the point. Sometime around 3:30, I turned the alarm off. I'm groggy today, have another leaky tire (that makes the fourth for those of you counting along at home--unless you count the two nails in the last tire as two separate instances, in which case we're at number 5), and have more ants in my office. Yes! I could try to sneak a run in this evening between 5:40 (when Dean is supposed to get home, assuming he doesn't miss his train) and 6:30 (when I start working again). I'm not feeling optimistic.
In the meantime, I'm toying with switching training plans. Like you do the week that training is supposed to have started. Gah! A lot of people are following an 18-week plan or a 17-week plan, but no, I'm following the 16-week plan (despite the fact that my current base sucks) and then I'm thinking about switching plans??
I clearly need to get myself on track and soon. Where is that damn net?
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





1 comment:
Don't sweat it. I wouldn't recommend it but I trained for the marathon binge running 1 day/week. I spent the other days cross training.
Marathon is a mental game. I think no matter how much training you do get in for an endurance event-you need the mental strength to get across the finish line.
Find out how many hours you have to complete the marathon. Most people do a walk/run combo. A marathon is a marathon.
You can do it!
Post a Comment