Apparently, the official CARA training program for the marathon starts this week. And, as far as I know, the official Chicago Marathon Nike training program begins next week. However, as I've chosen to follow a 16-week training plan (I'm way too cool to need an extra one or two weeks of training!), my training plan (which comes from Runner's World and was chosen specifically because it's only three or four days of running a week) doesn't begin until June 21.
However, as evidenced by the fact that last night marked an entire week since I'd previously run (and yes, this was complicated by being out of town--the girls mysteriously insisted it wouldn't be a "vacation" if I went running--but that's really no excuse), it's clear that I need the discipline of some sort of training plan. So I've stolen the first two weeks of Hal Higdon's novice training program and tacked them in front of the RW plan. It's inelegant, but whatever.
Anyhow, the plan for this week is 3, 3, 3, and 6--3 down, 12 to go. One thing about not running for an entire week: Fresh legs feel good. I'd almost forgotten what that was like. I guess the next time I'll experience that sensation is some time in November.
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment