Lunchtime workouts leave something to be desired. Then again, so do early-morning workouts. And evening workouts (if only because the girls complain incessantly). In other words, I have no good options (says the girl who starts marathon training next Monday). Today I ran at lunch. I forgot:
1. My Garmin
2. The good headphones (although I did have the headphones that have a short in them and so cut in and out, plus the crappy ipod ear buds that fall out of my teeny-tiny, baby-size ears.)
3. Sunscreen
4. Hat
5. Sunglasses
So I went without. As it turned out, both the sunscreen and the sunglasses were in my gym bag. I could have used them. But I do admit that I enjoyed the unplugged run. Just the sound of my breathing and my footfalls with no idea how fast or slow I was going. If I weren't so compulsive, I would commit to an unplugged run once a week, but the truth is that I need the stats like I need...I don't know. Like I need something else that I clearly need. I wonder if running without the Garmin makes me faster or slower? The world may never know.
On tap this week: 3 (done), 3, 4, and 5. That's 15, right? I'm not a math person. Last week I ended up doing 3, 3, and 4. Mostly because I remembered that the last time I went from 3 miles a week to 15 miles a week in one fell swoop, I got shin splints. And since my shins are healed (yay!), I didn't want to be all gung-ho and reinjure myself one week out from the official start of marathon training....
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment