6/07/2008

Daddy Is SO Yesterday

For the longest time, Sadie and Dean had something very special going on. She preferred him over me, which was totally cool by me. Ella tends to prefer me (unless I'm being especially crabby in which case she is smart enough to defer to Dean), and I thought it was sweet that Sadie was so stuck on Dean.

But something has changed. The wind blew. The earth turned one rotation. Someone killed an ant in China. And now Sadie is hopelessly stuck on ME.

It all started a week or two ago when Sadie was very upset with Dean. He was trying to calm her down, and she screamed "No! Mommy is my favorite character."

I love that. I don't think I've ever been someone's favorite *character* before. That's really saying something.

Now that's her refrain any time Dean tries to do something that she prefers I do. Earlier, he dragged her out of the house kicking and screaming because she wanted me to take her to swimming rather than him.

While I do enjoy being someone's favorite character, the balance around here is better when each of us is someone's favorite character. Being both girls' favorite character is significantly affecting my down time.

In the meantime, Daddy, don't worry. You can be MY favorite character.

No comments: