6/26/2008

Small Updates

So Ella does indeed have an infected "owie." The doctor called it a "skin infection" and told me cleaning the wound out immediately might not have helped. I know he's lying though.

Incidentally, the pediatrician we saw today (you don't often get your "real" pediatrician when you call for a sick visit) was the first pediatrician to examine Ella in the hospital. How sad is it that I have absolutely no recollection of who first saw Sadie in the hospital?? Anyhow, this doctor is the one who diagnosed Ella with Developmental Dysplasia of the Hips (DDH). Ah, fun times. He's a nice guy, and Ella really seemed to like him. He drew a circle around her infection in permanenet marker (so we'll know if it gets worse) and prescribed antibiotics for 10 days. Ella HATES taking liquid medicine so this should be a fun time for all of us. I suppose it's a testament to our fine parenting skillz that we caught this infection BEFORE it turned into gangrene.

In other news, this is our new nanny N's second week with us. She ROCKS! Funny story, though, last Wednesday Dean called me at about 8:00, and I just knew. He never calls me at that time of day, and the last time he did was when our other nanny N (of the same name) disappeared. Anyhow, so he calls me, and it turned out N hadn't shown up for work. I gave him her cell phone number and told him I was SURE she must have overslept because she just didn't seem like the kind of person who would do something like that. (Of course, that's what I said the last time this happened!) Happily, though, it turned out N had just overslept. She high-tailed it over to our house and must have apologized a dozen times.

Anyhow, N is turning out to be a fantastic find. The girls LOVE her. She has been keeping them busy and active, taking them for walks to the coffee store and library. And yesterday (you're not going to believe this!) she did the girls' LAUNDRY for us. I think I'm in love.

No comments: