9/24/2008

Seven Years Later

As of Monday, Dean and I have been married for seven years. In some ways, it seems like just yesterday. But when I think of everything we've crammed into the past seven years, I feel somewhat exhausted (if elated). Since our wedding day, we've traveled to Hawaii, Seattle, Mexico (twice), Florida (twice), New Mexico—and probably some other places that I'm forgetting now. We bought a house, remodeled the kitchen, and spent hours painting every room. We bought two cars (but sold the first before buying the second). And, perhaps most important of all, we've had two beautiful girls--the oldest of whom will be FIVE in January. I talked to my grandfather a couple months ago, and during that conversation he commented that we have "the perfect family." Now, those of you who know me well will know that I really really shy away from saying such things as it seems to be an invitation for trouble. At my best, I'm superstitious. At my worst, I'm neurotic as hell. So while you won't see such sweeping statements from me here (lest a tree fall on our house or some other such terrible incident occur--I'm always waiting for the proverbial "other shoe" to drop), I will allow you to draw your own conclusions about my sentiments.

Along with the dawning of our wedding anniversary, I have also reached (or dipped below) my wedding weight. I'm actually probably thinner today than I was when we got married. Those of you with children can appreciate this particular milestone!! I recently realized I now fit into a pair of cords I haven't worn in about 10 years. I guess that's what running 25 miles a week gets you....

Some photos. I realize photos of just Dean and me would make the most sense here, but these two are the only ones I have on hand....


















1 comment:

Lynette said...

I'll say it for you - you have a wonderful family! Joy Joy Joy!
Happy Anniversary to you and Dean the Dream!!!