On Saturday, we attended the Chicago Half race expo at Navy Pier. (Yes, I know I posted this out of order. Sorry.) I've never been to a race expo before. In the past I've been able to pick up my race packets at a local running store. But I have to say, I did enjoy the expo experience--and I think the girls did too. People were handing out candy, and the folks from Disney were handing out tiaras. There is no quicker way to my girls' hearts! Disney is starting this new half marathon in the spring called the princess half. It sounds like fun, and I'm sure the girls would have a blast, but Dean and I both think they might be a tiny bit too little for Disney World. Maybe next year.... I purchased some sunglasses, and the girls each received a pink headband as a free gift. Sadie is wearing hers in the photo below, which is why she looks like Rocky.
In any case, since we like to cram as much as humanly (or inhumanly) possible into our weekends, we decided to make a morning of it and also visit the children's museum at Navy Pier. The girls had a blast. Other runners had the same idea. You've never seen so many fit people grouped together outside of a gym or some sort of sporting environment.


No comments:
Post a Comment