8/07/2010

Lucky Week 7

I woke up at 6 this morning facing a 12-mile run and having finally come to the obvious conclusion that marathon training is insane. What sort of person runs 12 miles at 6:00 on a Saturday morning for fun? Why was I doing this again?

Luckily, the running gods smiled on me today. Beautiful weather. Great breeze. And a seriously kick-ass (is that one word or two? I'm too tired to look it up) run that left me feeling strong and totally invincible. Which, of course, reminded me exactly why people train for marathons in the first place. A few weeks ago, I ran a rather miserable nine (actually two rather miserable nine-mile runs in back-to-back weeks), but the three-mile jump  in distance for this week was a piece of cake. Felt strong at mile 9. Mile 10. Mile 11. I actually felt *almost* like being able to run 26.2 in just nine short weeks might not be completely preposterous.

No comments: