8/16/2010

Week in Review

Another week, another crappy long run. Marathon training is fun!

I've already regaled you with tales of last week's long run. But you'll be surprised (or will you?) to hear that yesterday's six-miler sucked too! Yippee! It didn't seem that hot to me, but I was completely drenched when I got home (like I'd gotten caught in a downpour). This is starting to wear on me. Thankfully, the temps for this week are looking promising.

So last week: 3, 6, and 12 (I missed a three-miler in there).

This week was supposed to be a cutback week, but I've rearranged things a bit. Now this week is: 3, 6, 3, and 14. I think that technically your long run shouldn't be more than 50 percent of your week's mileage. But hell. I also think that I probably shouldn't go from a 21-mile week to a 28-mile week (which is what I'd be running if I upped this week's shorter  runs). I am super anal and am feeling really nervous about my departures from the training plan.

Needless to say, the temps, humidity, lack of "good" runs, and nagging injuries are making me feel frustrated. Here's hoping for a good week ahead.

No comments: