Remember that bad attitude I had going into week 11? Well, it didn't turn out to be at all detrimental to week 11's training. I ran 16 miles on Friday (which I mentioned in a previous post) and then ran 8 miles on Sunday to round out my first ever 30-mile week. And, well, it was supposed to be 32 miles, but I'm getting the miles in where I can. And sometimes weekday four-milers have to become weekday three-milers if the only time I have to run is lunchtime.
The weather is cooling off, which has meant very good things for me on the running front. For starters, I did a super fast three-miler last week. Granted, I just recalibrated my Garmin and am thinking the new settings are actually off because how did I get so fast all the sudden? Even my long runs are faster. Now I don't know whether the previous settings were correct or whether the new ones are correct. It's very confusing.
In any case, like I said, I ran 16.5 miles (or possibly less, I guess, if my Garmin is really off) on Friday. The first 12 felt really, really good. The last 4.5 felt less so. I was expecting to be really sore the next day, but my legs felt great. Of course, I'm still not sure how I'll find the juice to crank an extra 10 miles out, but folks tell me it will happen, so we'll see!
Luckily, my next two weeks are the hardest of all, and they coincide with two weeks chock-full of appointments and soccer practice and soccer games and dance class and birthday parties. Oh my! Plus, the girls have gifted me a cold. Things are going to get pretty interesting from here on out.
This week we're looking at 4, 9, 5, and 18 (or 14). I know I've said this before, but I really (really) have no idea how that's going to happen. I have no nights free this week (none) and Saturday is going to be a soccer day with games for both girls. And I'm sick. So...
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment