With my 20-miler out of the way, it's time to turn my attention to more serious and pressing questions. Namely: What the heck am I going to wear on marathon day?
This is a somewhat urgent question as you are absolutely not supposed to race in untested gear. And believe me, there is good reason for this. Which means I need to decide on some sort of top ASAP.
The problem (there is always a problem) is that Chicago in October could be either 40 degrees or 90 degrees. Plus, I tend to run pretty cold, so I'd be basically happy in a long-sleeve top on a 60-degree day. Except I keep questioning my judgment as it seems most people are planning on a singlet (fancy running speak for "tank top"--a word you really can't use, in my opinion, unless you are super, super fast, which I am not) and shorts.
I've got the bottom half down: my navy running skirt (Why the hell didn't I buy black? Navy is so hard to match), mostly because it has great pockets and has stood the test of time on many a long run, my 20-miler included.
I suppose I could consider going topless. It *would* solve the chafing issue...
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment