9/30/2010

Viva La Taper!

So I had a bit of excitement last night. I got an e-mail from one of the writers of Run Like a Mother asking if I would be willing to help organize a RLAM get-together before the Chicago Marathon. And there's actually been some interest from the other Chicago Marathon runners thus far. Perhaps keeping busy with the details of this event will prevent me from spending the next ten days freaking the f*ck out??

In other news, I've bought some Emergen-C at Target to help ward off this cold and am taking "carb loading" to mean stuffing myself with any sort of food available to me. I mean, candy counts as carbs, right? Honestly, I got the day off to a good start with oatmeal and fruit, but it has gone a bit downhill since then.

Trying not to panic about the fact that I still have three runs to go this week and only four days to do them in. The numbers are in my favor, right?

Call me crazy, but I had a brief and fleeting (seriously brief and fleeting) moment of sadness earlier when I considered that soon all this training will be over and done with. Time to start planning for a spring marathon???! (Kidding, kidding.)

Ten days, people! I feel sort of like I did at the end of my pregnancies with the girls. Nothing to do now but wait and obsess. Fortunately, I happen to be particularly good at obsessing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually you should continue to watch what you eat. You do need extra carbs but calorie wise shouldn't really increase by that much. There is no one size fits all.

Taper newbies run the risk of gaining weight and feeling (and looking) bloated and out of shape come rest day.

If anything, increase your protein intake for your recovering muscles.