The girls have been rocking the AYSO league for the past several weeks. As it turns out, Ella may be a soccer superstar in the making. She scored her first goal in last weekend's game, and I cheered so loudly you would think she had just graduated from Harvard or something. Later, her coach was praising her strengths, saying that he couldn't figure out whether she is better at defense or offense. I told him this was actually her first year playing soccer, and he said, "I wouldn't have guessed that at all!" I was never, ever the go-to kid on any team sport, but Ella seems to have become one of her team's top contenders, which is pretty neat.
Of course, after Ella scored her goal, a kid on her team (Ella was sitting out for half a quarter) scored three goals in a row. On our way back to the car, I congratulated Ella on her goal, exclaiming about how cool it was. She responded, "Yeah but it would have been better if I'd scored three."
Gee, I wonder where she gets that attitude from??
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment