8/14/2007

I'll Tell You Whatever You Want to Know...

Once again, sleep has become a precious resource in our house. After a bout of illness, then a bout of serious teething, Sadie is once again ill. She has a very nasty cough and also a fever. Poor kid.

Unfortunately, this means that sleep has once again been disrupted. And it's not like Sadie sleeps that great to begin with! On Sunday night, we were up with her about 10 times between 10 and 2. And then she was up for the day at 5. It seemed like every SINGLE time I managed to fall asleep, Sadie would wake up again. As people have told me time and time again: There's a reason sleep deprivation is considered a torture technique. And indeed, I found myself in the bathroom at one point (after having gone through our entire collection of medicine to find *anything* that might help Sadie sleep) wondering how sleep deprivation compares to Chinese water torture. Seriously. That almost seems like a spa treatment, right?

There came a point when I was ready to part with any and all secret information. You want my ATM password? My e-mail passwords? The secret to life? I'll tell you whatever you want to know. Just. Let. Me. Sleep.

I finally dosed her with some cold medicine (an hour before I was supposed to). And about an hour later, she blessed us with three hours of continuous sleep.

Seriously kid: At this age, your sister was sleeping 11-12 hours STRAIGHT every night. And you...are not. You're lucky you were born second. Because if at 17 months, Ella had still been waking me EVERY night at 3 or 4, you might not be here today. Food for thought. Now shape up!

No comments: