I've noticed that when things are particularly stressful for me, whether it be because of work stuff or family stuff or personal stuff, the girls seem to sense my stress and decide that it's the perfect time to get rowdy and disobedient. It's like they're thinking: Hey, mom is stressed! Let's see how much it takes to completely push her over the edge! Makes perfect sense to me.
Of course, it's possible that the girls are just being their usual charming selves and it's all just too much for me when life gets a little too stressful. Who knows? All I know is that on Tuesday morning, the day my brother was having his surgery, Sadie followed me around the house crying the entire time I was getting ready to leave for the hospital. Nothing like a side of guilt and annoyance to go with that stress, eh?
Ella's behavior was actually pretty stellar last week (of course, I was barely home, so that might not be the case should you talk to Dean), but Sadie has been a little off. To whit, she was up almost ALL night on Friday night. I'm not kidding. She woke up at 1:00 A.M., and from that point on, she was up and calling for us every hour on the hour. Just completely WIDE awake. Lovely. Nothing like a little sleep deprivation to ease a stressful week.
The next morning, I'm certain I said something to Sadie about the up all night business, though I'm not entirely sure what I said. But it was funny just the same later that day when she looked at her Baby Belle doll and said, "You know, I really need to start sleeping through the night."
Amen, sister.
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment