- It's cold outside.
- I can spend the time I used to spend running eating. As a bonus, since I'm married, the husband will just say things like, "That's okay--there's just more of you to love" when I inevitably gain a ton of weight.
- I have the 26.2 magnet for my car, so I can still muster the *allusion* of being an athletic person.
- I can shower first thing in the morning without having to think about whether or not I'll try to run that day (and thus need a second shower later).
- I am saving myself a load of laundry a week, which in turn is saving the environment. You're welcome.
- I can wear the cute new running things I got for Christmas as "leisure wear," which really comes in handy when you
're a hermitwork from home. - I am prolonging the life of my running shoes by not putting miles on them.
- It doesn't matter that my iPod "hold" button doesn't work (which means my stupid iPod is dead every time I go to use it) because I never use it anymore.
- I don't have to worry about being kidnapped or attacked while on the running paths.
- I am not spending money on iTunes to add music to my running playlists AND I'm saving money by not paying race entry fees. That's a two-fer. Which my
accountanthusband can thank me for later.
OR
I'm totally panicking about weight gain, losing my mind, running out of patience, and have absolutely contemplated "trying" to run all the while realizing that until I can bend my knee or, you know, walk the dog around the block, any attempts to run would be foolish, dangerous, and disastrous.
It's a choose-your-ending blog post! Which do you think is the true statement?





1 comment:
Thanks, Lisa! I just published your comment, but I don't know where it went. Maybe disappeared into the ethernets somewhere. My MRI was supposedly "very good," so who knows how long it will be until I can run. I am still limping badly and hoping that an ortho can give me more insight into this injury that my friendly neighborhood internist did!
Post a Comment