Sleep issues probably top my list of parental pet peeves. I NEED my sleep. So I just don't have a lot of patience for being woken in the middle of the night unless someone is puking or is otherwise legitimately ill.
Ella must not realize this. She has now woken me around midnight the past THREE nights in a row. The first night, she woke up crying because she wanted water. Seriously--do NOT wake me for that. If I can make it through an entire night's sleep without drinking water, so can Ella.
The second night, she needed help blowing her nose. I can tolerate that, as it's a pretty legitimate request.
Last night, she woke me up because she was crying. I went in there, and she would not stop crying long enough to tell me what was wrong. That is super annoying when you have just been abruptly awoken from a deep sleep. It turned out to be a pacifier issue, which I have VERY little patience for, considering that Ella is FOUR.
A few minutes later, she started calling for Dean. I went in her room, and Ella asks, "Is Daddy home?" Too funny. I think she had decided that I was simply too crabby to deal with.
Of course, Daddy managed to sleep through the whole thing. But I suppose it's only fair since Sadie woke him up at 5.
When are these children going to start sleeping????
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment